We are a Catholic School and so our school board is made up a little differently from a State school board. We have eleven board members:
- 5 elected members
- 4 Proprietor’s representatives (including our Parish Priest)
- 1 elected staff member
- the school principal
Board elections are held every three years, with the next election being September 2022.
Boards of Trustees are accountable to parents and caregivers, their local communities, the Minister of Education and the Ministry of Education, other government agencies and the public, for their actions and performance.
The Board is the employer of all the school’s staff and is responsible for:
- setting the school’s strategic and policy direction in consultation with parents, staff and students.
- ensuring that the school provides a safe environment and quality education for all its students.
- overseeing the management of curriculum, staff, property, finance and administration.
- constantly monitoring and reviewing progress against targets to inform future planning.
The board’s role is to oversee the governance of the school and to ensure that everything that needs to be done gets done – legally, ethically, and as well as possible in the best interests of its students.
We are lucky to have the great people we have that help steward the school, protect our Special Character and support our progress and success.
If you would like to know more about the board, look at policies or access the approved minutes from previous meetings please contact the school office.